By David Kubal, President/CEO of Intercessors for America
Many organizations and Christian leaders that I respect have endorsed Judge Kavanaugh for very sound reasons: He is a textualist and originalist; he is strong on the Second Amendment, administrative law, and religious liberty; he is an intellectual leader as a jurist. A few Christian leaders that I respect have expressed concern for his appointment: he is part of the establishment; he may be unwilling to reverse Roe v. Wade; prophecies have indicated that he may have a spirit of Absalom, a spirit that would usurp the ways of God. We desire to hear from the Lord in this manner, as we always do. As we listen to the Spirit in our own hearts and consider prophetic words, we need to test and verify every “word” we receive.
Bottom line: We NEED to pray!
Pray for the revealing of Judge Kavanaugh’s views about critical issues.
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Rom 13:1)
Through the Church, the manifold wisdom of God is made known to the rulers and authorities at work today. (Ephesians 3:10). This is the role of intercessors. This is why and how we pray for the nation.
Here are some immediate prayer needs:
- Declare God’s sovereignty over this process, that He is more powerful than any committee, any hearing, any conglomerated media effort, etc.
Pray for the revealing of Judge Kavanaugh’s views about critical issues. We need to pray that Judge Kavanaugh’s past decisions would be clearly understood in order to anticipate accurately how future decisions could be made. In particular, God’s heart is for the protection of the unborn, so we must pray that the new Supreme Court Justice will be a person open to the reversal of Roe v. Wade.
- Protection for Judge Kavanaugh and his family from ungodly outside influences and spiritual forces. May the Spirit of God guide, direct, and protect this man, his wife, and two daughters.
- Protection of senators from outside influences. Targeted millions of dollars will be spent in the next few months in attempts to sway specific senators in this process by getting constituents to pressure their senators. In addition to this public pressure, there will be personal pressure on these same senators.
- We must pray that our senators have a strong sense of the fear of God instead of the fear of man.
- Pray that the anti-life/anti-God mainstream and social media would be stifled.
I am so grateful that we are joining together in praying strategically and effectively for our nation. As the confirmation process continues, continue to pray these prayer points, seeking God’s will for the Supreme Court and the nation.
Shared with the permission of David Kubal, President/CEO of Intercessors for America.